Community House - Whanganui
Community House Whanganui is a base for community organisations in Whanganui on the first and second floors of 60 Ridgway Street, Whanganui. The main office is located on the first floor in Room 102.
- We have office space available for community organisations at reasonable rates, both permanent and casual. Our building is disabled-accessible - a lift is available and disabled toilet facilities are provided. We offer shared facilities for meeting and training purposes.
- We are also able to provide photocopying, laminating, and binding services to community organisations at reasonable rates.
- We produce and distribute the Com.chat newsletter to community organisations, schools, churches and individuals.
- We manage a Community Organisations Database through our website www.communityhouse.org.nz. There are over 950 local, regional and national community, charitable, sporting and non-profit organisations listed on the database.
These organisations are currently working from Community House:
- Access Community health
- Arthritis New Zealand
- Balance Whanganui
- Balance New Zealand
- Brain Injury Association Whanganui
- Diabetes NZ (Wanganui Branch)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- National Health and Disability Advocacy Service
- Prisoners Aid and Rehabilitation Society (PARS)
- Problem Gambling Foundation
- Volunteer Whanganui
- Whakauae Research Services
- Whanganui Community Foundation
- Whanganui Community Living Trust
- Whanganui Peoples Centre
Rooms for Hire
- Our Ridgway Conference Room is a self-service training and meeting room, equipped with a projector, OHP, whiteboards etc and has its own kitchen and toilet facilities. It is suitable for both small and large groups (seats up to 80 theatre style or 40 at tables).This is available evenings and weekends as well as normal business hours.
- We also have for hire a smaller room ideal for interviews or counselling.
Both of these rooms have WiFi available.